Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

ivry321
Participant

Hey all

New here. Been taking Adderall probably for 8 years. I went to do my 6 month checkup for other stuff and my bloodwork required me to test for the adderal.

This doctor started me on them but did not feel comfortable anymore with the dosage so I see someone else. This doctor is my main physician.

Anyway, he asked me why i didn’t fill the request for the test.

I told him I don’t have insurance and I have no problem testing for this but you guys need to pick up the tab,i told him I’d test right now. He hasn’t asked me since.

I understand why they ask. Adderall sells for a minimum of 10 bucks a piece on the street and the last time i looked Adderall was the most abused drug on Wallstreet.

People have asked me for some before,i wouldn’t give it up because that would make me short,I need this drug to function.

As I have gotten better with my executive functions I realize thats alot of money to give up along with a short stay in jail. Dosen’t seem worth the trade if i got caught or something bad happened to the person i was giving it to.

I try to pick my fights today and avoid most. I am no perfect ADHD patient, this topic seemed to hit a nerve so i wanted to chime in.

Ivry