Reply To: Recently diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Vyvanse

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Recently diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Vyvanse Reply To: Recently diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Vyvanse

Madison.Jarvis
Participant

I am also just recently diagnosed and trying Vyvanse. I started on 10mg then 15mg then 30mg for a month and am now on 45mg going to 50mg next week. I felt it for the first few days on 10mg but it was just my body getting used to the new drug after that I didn’t really feel a difference until I hit 45mg.

Unfortunately the stronger dose brings stronger side effects and a stronger crash at the end of the day. I’m anxious about going up to 50mg but in Australia the pills only come in 30mg,50mg and 70mg so I have to settle on one otherwise I’ll spend the rest of my life mixing with water and figuring out ratios.

I know you can’t rush these things but I really just want to be settled on a dose and get on with my life. I don’t know what its like in other countries but having ADHD in Australia is very expensive, I hate that I have to pay just to keep up with the rest of the world.

Sorry about the rant, I hope this helps