Reply To: Recently diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Vyvanse

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Recently diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Vyvanse Reply To: Recently diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Vyvanse

mcann
Participant

Both my son and I are on vyvanse. Unfortunately it is not yet covered here so we pay through the nose for it. I was diagnosed with ADHD about 6 months ago and on the first dose of 20mg I was having great mornings for a few days. After a week it was increased to 30mg then 40mg a week after that. I stayed on the 40mg for 2 weeks then was increased to 50mg. In the first month when my body was adjusting, although I was very focused and productive in the first hours of my day, it was wearing off by lunch time and I was unreasonably short-tempered, foggy, dizzy and had headaches. I was exhausted by the end of the day but that was also how I’ve always been before medication. Now that I’m on the 50mg I am much more productive for the majority of the day, and all of the other side effects are gone. I will need to increase again my next dr visit so my medication gets me through the entire day and helps me get supper ready. My least favourite thing to do!