Reply To: Everyone thinks we're going to the wedding, but I forgot to RSVP – so ashamed

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Everyone thinks we're going to the wedding, but I forgot to RSVP – so ashamed Reply To: Everyone thinks we're going to the wedding, but I forgot to RSVP – so ashamed

Reflection
Participant

Thank you all for your kind messages!

On closer inspection I discovered that the message I got from the coordinator was a standard reply, probably automatically send, so at this point I don’t even know if my message has actually been read. The message promised a reply within two business days, but those days have passed….

To clarify: I’m only invited to the 3 pm to 6 pm reception, not to the ceremony. So I do not think they will serve up any dinner, so that is a point of hope for me. In my country cash bars are very uncommon and knowing the location of the reception I think it’s safe to say the reception will be mostly self catered.

Still crossing my fingers and hoping for a positive reply from the wedding coordinator.