Reply To: New here. 39, psychiatrist assessment next week and nervous

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond New here. 39, psychiatrist assessment next week and nervous Reply To: New here. 39, psychiatrist assessment next week and nervous

Raph
Participant

Hello

Did you find someone in G London? If not, can recommend Dr Helen Read, who practices privately in SE London, and also works for the NHS. https://www.adhdconsultancy.co.uk/adhd-diagnosis-in-london-about-us/ . I know two people who’ve been to here – an adult woman in her 50s, and her daughter, one saw her on hte NHS, and the other privately, and both reported back positive experiences of their treatment and sessions with her.

I’m in Kent and similar to Jeremy, am with Benenden, and saw a private psychiatrist a couple of weeks ago at Tunbridge Wells Nuffield Hospital. I am 51, and it honestly feels like a relief to have this diagnosis. Like many have said, I’ve felt ‘wrong’ for years, and this morning I took my first Elvanse 20mg tablet. I am hopeful, but almost feel I could for the ‘wasted’ years where I beat myself up, yet on the outside to others, am an extraordinarily successful person.

Too early to say how I feel yet, but will certainly report back my progress.

Best wishes

Helen