Reply To: Too detailed

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Too detailed Reply To: Too detailed

Bella
Participant

Omg! This is literally me, at uni we had to do 1,000-word essays and I went over on each one and lost 5 marks (lucky, not more) I just can’t seem to write concisely. I thought it was a type of perfectionism too because I just can’t seem to leave anything out and maybe it comes from feeling like somethings not good enough if it doesn’t have every last detail in? I also thought maybe its because naturally, I lack attention to detail so instead, I went the complete other way? It defo has something to do with my thought process though as well like when I write something, a lot of the time I just write it in such a long way. I dunno but its so interesting we all experience it, none of my friends understand when I’m like yeah I’m struggling with these notes or this essay because i’ve gone completely over the word count or I’ve written every single word of a lecture down without condensing it because theyre just like, you’re making life harder for yourself, stop doing that and trying so hard by I don’t know how else to do it haha