Reply To: ADHD bf broke up with me

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships ADHD bf broke up with me Reply To: ADHD bf broke up with me

anonymous13
Participant

Thanks for your response and input. It’s so tough working out if he’s just not that into me or if it has anything to do with his ADHD.

I don’t know too much about ADHD but from what I’ve read it seems as though maybe he gets more overwhelmed than a non ADHD person with feelings and decides to run away instead of deal with things? It also seems like the decision was very impulsive which again I’ve read has something to do with ADHD.

I wouldn’t want to change him I just wish I’d have understood more at the time and I probably wouldn’t have pushed him so far with things. I thought that he’d try and fix things instead of running away.

What would your advice be going forward? I really want us back together but he’s completely shut me out and ignores my texts. I do see him at work though but I’m trying to give him his space.

I feel like I’ve put myself out there so much to try and fix things without any success but if it is anything to do with his ADHD I’d love to help him and try and fix things going forward. I wish he’d have communicated with me about any anxiety he had instead of just running away and never looking back.