Reply To: Methylphenidate manufacturer changed and it doesn’t seem to work as well.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Methylphenidate manufacturer changed and it doesn’t seem to work as well. Reply To: Methylphenidate manufacturer changed and it doesn’t seem to work as well.

AutumnDraidean
Participant

So I tried calling around in my local area and learned, to my general dismay, that a lot of pharmacies cannot tell you how much an Rx will cost until they actually have the Rx. They have to tell you the cash price(in NYS) and GoodRx may only be a little less. They were, with one exception, willing to tell me who’s generic they were buying but warned me that this could change at any point.

Walmart/Sams has a policy that they will absolutely not tell you which manufacturer they are currently buying from!

I am waiting to borrow the book

Bottle of Lies

I’ve read snippits of it in the bookstore. I also sent a message to NYS Attorney Generals office detailing my concerns. The whole thing where they won’t tell you the insurance price without the Rx being sent to them is the part I’m hottest about. As I understand, you can’t move a controlled substance Rx between pharmacies, you have to call your doctors office and we all know how easy that often isn’t!