Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

AutumnDraidean
Participant

Folks you are not, repeat not, being accused of anything nefarious, it’s the whole opioid crisis gone ape! it’s a huge invasion of everyone’s privacy. I had to do it when I started ritalin and I worry only about how much that drug screen cost. I haven’t seen the bill yet. That will have a lot to do how salty I get about it.

Admittedly I wasn’t thrilled about sharing my ADD journey with my employer but because of my job duties I handle ritalin for students so I had to fess up to protect myself in case of a discrepancy.

I don’t like it when doctors get suspicious because patients may have done some research. I wind up telling everyone I contact in health care, “I am an RN, I don’t know everything, but I will insist on being treated like a professional.”

Also remember our providors are being run ragged and having to struggle with the computers and more rules and foolish expectations than we can imagine!