Reply To: What kind of notebook/system do you use for reminders, lists etc?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done What kind of notebook/system do you use for reminders, lists etc? Reply To: What kind of notebook/system do you use for reminders, lists etc?

Ghost92
Participant

For remembering medical appointments I put reminders in my phone and set it so it will remind a day before then an hour before the appointment.
For remembering work meetings i put them in my schedule on outlook, it’s set to remind me 15 minutes before and then 5 minutes before. I have a office job. Part of my job is taking minutes from full SILC meetings, making sure those meeting meet quorum, tracking votes during meeting, etc. What i use is a have a binder that contains everything that i may need for a full SILC meeting. The binder contains the membership list, appointment tracker, attendance lists for meeting, etc. I also have a section for assistant documents that i have created to assistant me with the meeting. On of them is a quorum checklist that has a space for the date, all voting members with boxes next to their names, and how many members need to be present for quorum. I just need to check off their names and see if the amount of checked off names match it the number i need to make quorum. In the past I’ve been asked if we had quorum or how many members we have, and i didn’t know the answer now i know the answer. I have a note sheet I’ve created that is pretty much the agenda except there are spaces between the items where i write notes on each agenda item. I also include time in and time out on the note sheet. The last thing i use is to have a checklist with all the items i need to bring with me. Before i used to forget to bring some things now i don’t as often because of the checklist and the binder. The nice about the binder is that it also meets the requirement to have a hard copy of meeting doctuments for future audits.