Reply To: What kind of notebook/system do you use for reminders, lists etc?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done What kind of notebook/system do you use for reminders, lists etc? Reply To: What kind of notebook/system do you use for reminders, lists etc?

BlackADDer
Participant

Some member of my family phones to remind me. At best I tell people that they need to remind me or get back to me before it becomes a crisis.

That is about it. There is no method for me to organise or arrange my time at home or at work. Pen and paper just mean that I lose it in the rest of the piles of paper I have around the place. Electronic devices or online apps mean I can do that even more effectively as there is no physical artefact to lose, misfile or just plain ignore. I think I could have a person following me around TELLING me what to do and it would still come unstuck.

Simply put; if it is not up and in my face, it will not get attended to.

I am nearly 60 years old and totally incapable of doing something like creating a list and sticking to it. Hell, I am usually incapable of remembering that I even HAVE a list. I am that rocky reef where the expectations of parents, teachers and managers has hit and then sunk without a trace.

I know this may not be a useful answer to some people. However, to some others it may be a relief to know that they are NOT the only person in the world who has had to give up on being ‘organised’.