Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Welcome to the Club. Put the Scarlett letter on and where it with pride. I’m 58 and having been in trouble with the Law and having to give urine tests daily than whenever and wherever they felt like busting your chops. The humiliation came flooding back. However the option of not getting my meds for me was not an option. Its been 15 yrs. Since my last arrest. 15yrs. Since I started my med’s. The Law has zero emotions tolerance or education to actually help your psychiatric disorder. By sheer chance I was at wit’s end and ran into a Dr. That got me the med’s I needed. Otherwise I would have gone back to self medicating to stop my brain from winning the battle and would have been in jail. Decade’s of my life wasted having your and Alcoholic and Drug addict shoved down my throat. Painful. Once I was treated correctly. I stopped almost instantly. The need to abuse myself to stop my mind was turned off like a switch. But the stigma will always be there. So jump through the hoop’s and say thank you please may I have another. But I feel your frustration humiliation and emotional pain. And drug tests come back false positive all the time. I learned this horrible truth as my probation got extended. So along with the other probis. We learned how to beat them. Mental Disorders are a life long daily struggle. God Speed my brother
✌️🏾