Reply To: Seriously how do you meditate with a brain that never stops?!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Seriously how do you meditate with a brain that never stops?! Reply To: Seriously how do you meditate with a brain that never stops?!

FlowerwithADHD
Participant

Hi Faster than Normal and Everyone!

Diane_Kelly: I think I will try the music method that you are using as one of my meditation methods. Thanks for the tip.

FasterthanNormal: Sometimes, I hear thoughts in my mind. I just let it do what it needs to do and then try to redirect my thoughts back to my breathe. PJMADD, has a point about different types of meditations, like using TM. I agree you need to find what works best for you as an individual.

I think there is so many awesome options available to you in all these posts. Active or Inactive, which is better for you? Listening to sounds or focused on silence, which is better for you?

I used to go to Vipassana Meditations at the local Vipassana Sangha. I found their meditation to be an easy one for me because it allows me to experience the sensations in my own body and the sounds I heard around me. It gives me freedom to be who I am, naturally. I am welcome my distractions of sensations. Sometimes, just closing my eyes and breathe as if my mind was taking a nap. Or listening to music in my head is good too.

Basically, I think you should do what works for you and your ADHD symptoms. I don’t think Meditation should be restrictive and oppressive. It is suppose to work with who you are and allow your body to relax and take a break from stress and anxiety or whatever.

Trust yourself to do what is best for you. Meditation is just as individualized as our favorite colors as far as I am concerned. What’s your favorite color? What is your favorite effective form of meditation? I wish you a happy path of finding the right meditation that works for you!

Flower