Reply To: I’m really embarassed…

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame I’m really embarassed… Reply To: I’m really embarassed…

kraineyy
Participant

I used to lose my keys ALL the time! I thought I was going to lose my mind. Finally, I invested in bowls. Yes, bowls. I found several cute and inexpensive bowls ($3-5 each) and placed them at prime locations where I could drop my keys in them upon arriving somewhere (home, work) and train myself to look in that spot. That way I would know exactly where my keys were at all times. It has been a sanity restorer! I have cell phone stands in each room so I can place my phone on it and keep it centralized.

I have placed a small table in my closet to put my purse on so I will know exactly where it is as well. I am learning that I cannot function without a list or a routine. I make a to-do list, either on a notepad or on Evernote. It’s vital that I scratch things off the list so I will know I’ve gotten them done.

I am still finding things that work for me along this journey. It’s a daily process. Take things one step at a time, one day at a time. When you feel overwhelmed, stop and breathe. Then start again.