Reply To: Brand Name–Appeal Process. Anyone successfully go through this?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Brand Name–Appeal Process. Anyone successfully go through this? Reply To: Brand Name–Appeal Process. Anyone successfully go through this?

gretagrits
Participant

If your physicians office will fill out the form , to include all pertinent, DETAILED info and office notes, there should be no problem. You might also be reimbursed for the money you shelled out for this months Rx. There is a valid reason the insurance company requests the information listed on the form. Ultimately it’s to keep insurance premiums down, what the insurance companies don’t understand is that not all generic meds are chemically made the same as the next generic or even the same as the “brand name.” I can really tell the difference from pharmacy to pharmacy with my Adderall. One is awesome at controlling my symptoms, while another only does the job for the first week and then tapers off, until eventually I feel like I might as well have taken a sugar pill. To be honest, I might even discuss this with my physician at my next appointment and take these steps to get the “name brand.” It’s worth a shot. Good luck!!!