Reply To: Waiting for medication for my partner, need help

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Waiting for medication for my partner, need help Reply To: Waiting for medication for my partner, need help

Skypark962
Participant

Keep notice if his symptoms worsen. Not everyone is helped by stimulants that have ADD. There are non-stimulants & some people REALLY need a combo therapy like Wellbutrin or Gaba to balance out their chemicals before adding or trying a stimulant. I personally have a temper & have to work on it, I try to self regulate & immediately apologize bc I know it’s not ok. I try not to make it a habit, I just really suck at handling stress & have to watch myself from directing it at my partner. Usually I am subdued when my partner says he understands and expresses that he sees I’m having a difficult time of something.
Sometimes I think we get into bad habits as a couple & we have to be careful how we talk to each other, through stress etc. Having a kid adds alot of stress. Not apologizing, though, is not ok & making a habit of it is not ok. You’re either a partnership that occasionally and healthily argues or it’s a warzone & you’re fighting against each other.

I wish you the best and hope that his angry outburst are just a way of his brain stimulated itself, some people fight alot & don’t realize they’re doing it for those reasons.