Reply To: I’m really embarassed…

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame I’m really embarassed… Reply To: I’m really embarassed…

Wagner2020
Participant

Nothing works every time – especially with inattentive ADD. I live by routine and keeping things as simple as possible. When I go to the grocery store, I park in nearly the same exact spot – otherwise I’m likely to wander aimlessly for my parking spot. Keys, phone, vitamins, medications, garage stuff – you name it, for me to have a grasp on where these things are, hey need to be in virtually the exact same spot every time. It’s methodical and cumbersome all in the same package. Too much clutter and unorganization is literally chaos. I spend an inordinate amount of time keeping my daily life organized and in order – mostly so I can function at a reasonably high level. Most people don’t have to do that, which inevitably affords them with much more free time, but so it goes. If you overload your plate, just know that you will have this sort of thing happen regularly – and if it does, give yourself a break. If you don’t want to make these sorts of mistakes as often, then slow down and get (and try to stay) organized as much as possible.