Reply To: If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you? Reply To: If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you?

Rose76
Participant

A few weeks ago my ADHD partner ‘blew up’. He won’t take prescribed medication and ‘self medicates’ smoking weed/doing buckets. He drinks excessively when left to his own devices and has been verbally and physically aggressive with me in the past. I’ve known him several years. He won’t take medication as he said it dulls his personality but he hasn’t persisted and tried different medications or doses. He also hasn’t done any therapy. He blew because I wouldn’t stop off and let him by more alcohol when I could smell he had drunk at least half a bottle when I picked him up. He’d also refused to give me any money for food or fuel staying with me but wanted to buy alcohol when the little money he had saved was memeant to be for court so he can see his child more. Part of me panicked as I know what happens when he drinks too much and I was scared. Also angry he could allow me to suffer financially. I feel used and so very low. He ended the whole relationship because I disagreed with him and wouldn’t let him buy more alcohol. I’ve put up with so much over the years