Reply To: Methylphenidate manufacturer changed and it doesn’t seem to work as well.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Methylphenidate manufacturer changed and it doesn’t seem to work as well. Reply To: Methylphenidate manufacturer changed and it doesn’t seem to work as well.

SteveB
Participant

I’m really glad I found this thread. I was prescribed methylphenidate for ADD diagnosis, my first prescription I had filled at Walgreens. They didn’t accept my insurance so I paid out of pocket because it was only $25. I had a positive experience with the medication so I went to the Dr and got a new prescription. This time I went to CVS because they accept my insurance. The first thing I noticed was that the pills physically looked different, but I didn’t think anything of it at all. On the first day with the medication I thought maybe I received a placebo because I didn’t feel any effects at all. But after nearly a week of taking this stuff I can tell you it is NOT the same as my previous batch. The effects aren’t really there, and I have side effects I didn’t have. I feel slow and tired, abdominal pain, etc. It’s not the same medication. This stuff is awful. After reading this thread I know now that I’m not imagining things. I called the CVS I received this from and they claim that I can return it and transfer my prescription elsewhere. I will go over there and see if this is the case because I really hate to waste a prescription.