Reply To: Please help – judgment and decision-making at work

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Please help – judgment and decision-making at work Reply To: Please help – judgment and decision-making at work

InnatentiveMom
Participant

I dont think explaining that to her will solve anything, I think you need to create a plan that works for both of you. I would suggest writing down as many examples you can think of where this has happen6in the past. Then try to group them into specific categories that you can use to create guidelines for yourself. I.e. If a situation has over $x impact or x legal implication I will loop my boss in immediately. If not I will include it in our weekly update. Once you come up with the guideline(s) I would suggest meeting with your boss and acknowledging the issues you’ve had and presenting your proposed solution. She can then agree or offer alternatives (maybe she wants a daily bullet list email update on non urgent items for example). This process does a few things: it opens the dialogue for you both to discuss and resolve the problem and it shows her you are working to fix it, not putting it on her to deal with. Good luck!