Reply To: Concerta concerns

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Concerta concerns Reply To: Concerta concerns

Julez101
Participant

72MG of concerta is a recommended maximum per day. 54MG is not too high of a dose and I too have tried to find my sweet spot. Wether you decide to up your dose somewhat or lower it is up to you. I too am on concerta. I also upped my dose without my doctors consent and have been on 36MG a day for some time now. I found that 54MG is a little bit too much for me and I tend to lose focus and feel somewhat spaced out. Try to go stay at 36MG or if you are gonna up your dose then do so when you know you’re gonna be very busy and focused. I found that when using concerta and not stimulating my brain I feel weird and wired. When I am extremely overwhelmed with work etc and I up my dose I find that it works extremely well so if you are gonna try to up your dose, be sure that it is when your ADHD symptoms are at its worst.

Had a psychotic episode a while back on concerta and to be honest I am personally not too happy on this medication. It brings on tinnitus, my anxiety levels rise and my doctor will put me on proper amphetamines as of August. Hang in there, we all need to try different strokes and I do hope you find your sweet spot soon.

Kind regards