Reply To: ADHD DOCUMENTARY – Looking for participants

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents ADHD DOCUMENTARY – Looking for participants Reply To: ADHD DOCUMENTARY – Looking for participants

Julez101
Participant

Hi there Olivia!

My name is Jacques and I am 31 years old. I was diagnosed 3 times in my life but due to my parents not believing ADHD was real I was never treated or medicated. My life spiraled out of control due to impulsivity, alcoholism and drug use and like many other sufferers, eventually left school before graduation. Later in life I moved to Sweden where I married a wonderful Swedish woman and she has been my drive and motivation to get treated. Ive never understood my condition until recently and have been diagnosed once again at the age of 31 due to difficulty functioning. Ive owned 2 companies and also never been able to hold down a job as an employee. I am now medicated and undergoing therapy and I sometimes wish that this treatment had been offered to me at a young age, I think life would have made more sense and drugs and alcohol would never have been an issue of self medicating. The medication I am on along with therapy has been a light at the end of the tunnel. I am amazed with the outcome and life finally seems to be a joy. The struggle will be life long but I know that with the treatment and medication I will be able to live a somewhat “normal” life and that gives me hope for the future.

Very interested in the project and I too would love to bring awareness to ADHD. The struggle is real!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Julez101.