Reply To: Just started dating man with ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Just started dating man with ADHD Reply To: Just started dating man with ADHD

lucy101
Participant

Thanks for responding. Like I wrote he recently got diagnosed, meaning he has been officially diagnosed.
He told me before I expressed that he’s moving too fast that he is waiting for an appointment to start testing medication so it’s not like he just blurted that out so i’d give him another chance. He has not been on medication before as he just got diagnosed a few months ago but he has always struggled in life and been different, had problems in school etc. so that’s why he got himself tested for ADHD. He has told me about the struggles he’s had because of undiagnosed ADHD before. I also guessed he had something like ADHD from the first time I met him but I didn’t mind it.
He hasn’t already gotten on the meds because there’s a pretty long waiting line, at least in our town, to see someone for such things even after you’ve been diagnosed. I think it’s about 6 months that he needs to wait.
So i’m guessing it’s going to take a long time to adjust to the medication or even try different ones?…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by lucy101.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by lucy101.