Reply To: ADHD DOCUMENTARY – Looking for participants

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents ADHD DOCUMENTARY – Looking for participants Reply To: ADHD DOCUMENTARY – Looking for participants

Both my husband and my 21 year old son have ADHD. Both of them are very successful in their jobs in spite of it — although they constantly struggle with some of the typical symptoms like disorganization and challenges communicating. My son was diagnosed fairly young — I believe he was 7 or 8. My husband wasn’t diagnosed until he was in his late 30’s — . They are wonderful, upstanding people that struggle with things most of us don’t even have to think about. It’s a huge challenge being married to someone with ADHD and having a child with it as well. Having ADHD is not for the faint of heart–

Your documentary sounds wonderful. I hope it will address some of the stigma and suggest some ways that employers can be informed of ADHD and learn to step up and accommodate this growing population of people who, right now, are living in the dark — afraid to inform those around them of their difficulties. Yet they have a lot to offer.