Reply To: Spouse pretend I'm "normal" to his family

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Spouse pretend I'm "normal" to his family Reply To: Spouse pretend I'm "normal" to his family

Leslie Den harder
Participant

This conversation is crucial to your ongoing ability to manage your family situation with minimum stress so it is one you need to instigate yourself. Start small with the family member who is most likely to understand your position. Explain your issues with some backup by including copies of articles and a reference to this website. Tell your chosen family member that s/he is the fist to be receiving your explanation and the reasons for not coming to family get togethers. Once this person is clear move on to the next person. Tell #1 how you intend to proceed and seek their support for your plan. Ask that any areas of misunderstanding can be raised with you directly so you can address these directly. I am sure you will have allies that you are unaware of and your in-laws may understand more than you think. Doing this will allow you to feel some more stable control of your life. Go girl!!❤️