Reply To: Financial Loser

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Financial Loser Reply To: Financial Loser

Getittogethergirl
Participant

I hear you and I have really tried hard to get a system in place that works for me but I still seriously struggle with it. I cried the last time I went into a store because it is such an ordeal of decision making, trying not to buy compulsively, figuring out what I really need, etc. Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover was life altering for me. I definitely recommend it and it helped me pay down thousands in debt. I just thought I would have mastered it by now and get very discouraged with my continual financial missteps. It is also very annoying to have to STILL pay for mistakes you made with money years prior. I will tell you that miracles have happened financially for me as I have stepped forward little by little. God will help you on your way and you will be able to see Him in your life like never before, so that is a plus. The love you give in your relationships is what’s most important, so be proud of that! Money stuff is extremely difficult with ADHD. Just take it a step at a time and celebrate even tiny victories. Know that I am struggling along with you and I appreciate knowing I am not alone, too. We financial losers will prevail one day at a time 🙂 I hope. God bless. Wish we could all get a debt reset button.