Reply To: My anxiety is so bad but I’m only medicating my ADHD. Can anyone assist?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD My anxiety is so bad but I’m only medicating my ADHD. Can anyone assist? Reply To: My anxiety is so bad but I’m only medicating my ADHD. Can anyone assist?

mitzimainer
Participant

Anxiety is the worst! I learned when I was doing neurofeedback treatment that one part of my brain was overactive(anxiety) and another part was underactive (depression) which explains ADHD to me. I found Ritalin worked for both my anxiety/hyperactivity and Wellbutrin for depression.

The thing about medications is that they only manage symptoms. I took medication until I found lasting changes through Neurofeedback. I have not had chronic anxiety in 7 years. There are other options if you are open to them.

p.s. My older sister, niece, brother, bestfriend all have chronic anxiety and will never consider Neurofeedback though they can see the change in me. It is a very scary idea to many. All I can say is the level of relaxation I felt during treatment was something I have never felt before or since.

Mitzi