Reply To: My Psychiatrist Refuses To Help Me

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD My Psychiatrist Refuses To Help Me Reply To: My Psychiatrist Refuses To Help Me

broccolisalad
Participant

I’m really sorry this happened but you have to find another Dr. My job requires me to move a lot. Each time I have to find a new doctor, and each time it is a ton of work, making phone call after phone call where I am told they won’t help me. But so far, in four different states, I have managed to eventually find someone who will listen. And once they listen they give me my meds. It is unfair and a lot of work, but if the meds are that important in your life, you have to be willing to do this.

The best place to go is a private psychiatrist. Centers with multiple workers have much stricter policies. The down side is this is very expensive, and they almost never take insurance. I don’t know your situation, but I know with me every other financial cost in my life comes after my medical care. I cringe when I think about how much money I spend on this, even when I have good insurance! But being able to live a relatively normal life is priceless.