Reply To: Rambling in interviews (jumbled thoughts)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Rambling in interviews (jumbled thoughts) Reply To: Rambling in interviews (jumbled thoughts)

Nikcococo
Participant

Hi Norah,

You can try to download a list of common interview questions and ask someone you know to pick a few questions.

Practice writing examples of how you will answer those questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses and having practice face to face interviews from 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes and try to increase the time. Try to relate the answer to the role you’re applying for.

Another method is when you feel like you’re going into rambling mode, maybe pause and ask the interviewer something related to the job or company.

Lastly, you can also try taking those personality and career quiz that analyze and explain your strength and weaknesses , or google a list of soft and hard related skills for the job to find the words for it. I copied and pasted a few relevant sentences into an excel table into 1 column, and wrote an example in the next column.

Eg: Leadership / interpersonal skills
– being friendly an approachable, someone people want to work with and confident enough to speak their mind with me.

If you like, I can also practice with you and give some feedback.

Regards,
Nicole