Reply To: 20 mg vyvanase for 4yr old son. Too much to soon?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child 20 mg vyvanase for 4yr old son. Too much to soon? Reply To: 20 mg vyvanase for 4yr old son. Too much to soon?

bumpywx
Participant

Just my two cents, but we recently (early April ’19) saw a pediatric psychiatrist to get our 4 year old son on medication, and it was a difficult conversation. That said, we started on Intuniv ER just under 2 weeks ago at 1mg. She said that we will re-evaluate within a month, and then determine if a higher dose is needed, or a different medication is needed (her plan B). We asked what ‘plan B’ meant, even though she insisted that Intuniv would work. She indicated that Vyvanse would be her second choice. I don’t recall particular dosing amounts for Vyvanse, but I assume the lowest dose, since we are on the lowest dose of Intuniv that is offerend now.

Either way, as I posted in a different post, we haven’t seen any “results” yet on the Intuniv, and are getting impatient, since pre-school is still a major struggle with fighting, hitting, knocking shelves over, etc.