Reply To: Struggling to understand him

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Struggling to understand him Reply To: Struggling to understand him

dpleff
Participant

I’m a woman with ADHD (inattentive) and I’ve been with my husband for 12 years. I’ve been diagnosed at 15, 27 and 31yo. I didn’t really believe the first two diagnosis’s… partially because of my parents who said “you don’t have that… you’re not like your cousin Chris” Well, obviously I’m not like my hyperactive male cousin. ADHD isn’t fully understood by most, myself included. I will get to my point haha. The last diagnosis led me to “hyperfocus” on researching ADHD In women and the different types. My husband sounds A LOT like your bf. I have actually been thinking he has ADHD too… but because of my ADHD I have been emotionally withdrawn from him for years. Now that I know what’s going on with me I’m trying to rekindle our relationship… he seems interested sometimes and others he’s hyperfocusing on Reddit. I feel like I don’t matter to him anymore… I’m old news. But I know he loves me. Ugh. It’s a crappy situation. May I ask, how long have you two been dating? Men and women are so different to begin with… then you throw ADHD in the mix and it makes for an even more confusion.