Reply To: Adderal xr makes me sleepy. Anybody else has had this problem

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Adderal xr makes me sleepy. Anybody else has had this problem Reply To: Adderal xr makes me sleepy. Anybody else has had this problem

rebell90
Participant

HOW well do you sleep at night?

I take Adderall xr twicea day. It’s actually the intones where I don’t feel it, but I am way more calm,able to think things through and less overwhelmed , and I don’t have to move 24-7, I have also been told I am more thoughtful and considerate. That being said, it’s one of those that will not wake me up, nor necessarily make me sleepy. It does calm by body and mind. I know adheres have trouble sleeping. Used to be on a bad sleep night, the Adderall calmed me down so I did feel sleepy, as I should have ! And I take my second xr abiut -6 hours before bed, and when it’s in fact my bedtime , I do not feel awake ! First day on it over a year ago, I actually took a nap ! For the first time in god knows how long. When added the second xr , my sleep was so good and got to bed quicker , bc I wasn’t all scattered and hyper at night. So , I’m wondering if maybe the addsrdal itself doesn’t make you sleepy, but rather the quality of your sleep may be poor? So the med calms down the adrenaline mode that an adhder is normally in ? Which for me is what causes poor sleep!