Reply To: I can’t forgive and forget and bare grudges

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond I can’t forgive and forget and bare grudges Reply To: I can’t forgive and forget and bare grudges

mightyconcorde
Participant

Hi all, I like Susan’s idea about the hunter/gatherer approach. Did we all read “The Edison Gene”? Good book! I wonder what would happen if WE all got together in a room! Would we all get along? Would we be able to be honest with each other? Would we be able to have an annual get together with everyone or would we all not show because we all had grudges that we all understood?
Interesting experiment idea I think.
I too, cannot forgive and forget.
My roommate, who last July (2017) saved me from homelessness, told me that she now realizes that she cannot live with people who are not family and I have to move out. Considering my name is still on wait lists that are now 2-3 years long instead of the 3-4 from last year, I was still looking at homelessness two weeks ago. But she didn’t care. But a cousin has taken me in. The only person left on the planet apparently with room for me.
I guess grudges may not be the best way to go, but trust me, my roommate, who thinks we can continue to be friends, is wrong!