Reply To: 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Teens & Young Adults 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds. Reply To: 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds.

karenmission
Participant

Hi MyGirlG, when I read your post today I could not believe it. I thought maybe I had written the post and forgot that I did. Same boat, my 15 year old daughter came to me and begged me to get her some medicine. We too have tried various natural solutions and some got us a long way – fish oil, neurofeedback, meditation, being an athlete, Brain beat, Play attention, we have tried many things that got us to high school, but here we are. And my daughter seems to have hit a wall in some areas. I am terrified to give her the medicine. I have filled the prescription for Intuniv low dose but am scared. One last ditch effort yesterday I said let’s go back and try the L-Tyrosine again and she said mom please just let me take the medicine. I am so glad you posted because reading the responses to your post is encouraging me to let me daughter try the medicine and see if it can help her. Thanks again for your post and thanks to everyone else who responded.