Reply To: Newly diagnosed 7 year old with angry, out of control behavior

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline Newly diagnosed 7 year old with angry, out of control behavior Reply To: Newly diagnosed 7 year old with angry, out of control behavior

bldelva
Participant

Hi, I know exactly what your going through. I thought my sons angry outburst were from his adhd. Everyone told me that was part of it. He kicked in my navigation system, he hit me, he threw major tantrums before going to school. It wasnt until he threw a tantrum on the way to go to his best friends birthday party that it came to me. His anger was related to social anxiety. He didnt want to go to school but i brushed it off, he didnt want to go to his friends party and I brushed it off. Who wouldnt want to go to a cool party at a fun place with all their friends. It was after that party that I talked to his dr and got zoloft for his anxiety. The Anger didnt go completely away but it went down alot. He was throwing fits cause no one was listening to him about not wanting to be around people. Life has gotten a little easier. Try and figure out what is causing the fits to occur, and this wont be easy cause your son may not even realize what is causing it. Hang in there!