Reply To: If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you? Reply To: If you could go back in time and do it all over again, would you?

Skypark962
Participant

Ok, I admit–I don’t handle stress well. In certain situations, I control & get “short” with my partner. I always end up apologizing & this maybe happens every once in a while.

NOW
Berating you or having frequent anger outburst—that sounds like a different story. I dealt with one bf who acted like this & I believe he was borderline personality–BPD is where they have you “walking on eggshells” constantly—they LOVE THAT. He was sweet at first & put me on a pedestal—but it wasn’t long before he was knocking me down & everything was a fight—even things he remembered wrong. I went back to him 9 times….my business partner told me that women go back 9x to an abusive relationship & I thought, “not me” BUT I DID. Because I was lonely & stupid. It’s one thing for someone to get irritated by a situation and not handle it correctly—this doesn’t excuse the behavior & anything said cannot be unsaid….but serious anger outburst w/little provocation (if that is the case) is a SERIOUS problem ADHD or not.

Go with your intuition & if you feel a sense of “relief” and freedom being away from him—then I think you have your answer. 3months is too short to be having these sorts of problems—WAY too soon.

Good luck & keep us posted.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Skypark962.