Reply To: Three Track Mind to One? Ritalin long-term impact.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Three Track Mind to One? Ritalin long-term impact. Reply To: Three Track Mind to One? Ritalin long-term impact.

Getittogethergirl
Participant

I guess I feel like I cannot even remotely relax with a three track mind as I am constantly running through overlapping thoughts that get so jumbled I can’t complete anything. The first time I took adderall, I sat down in a chair and JUST sat without my thoughts pulling me in every direction. I wanted to cry because I realized I had never felt relaxed in my whole life until that moment. I have been fortunate to feel mostly positive about my ADHD traits before I knew what it was and it sounds like you have a great positivity about them too, but I feel like all those brilliant (if I do say so myself) ideas generated by my three track mind would disappear like puffs of smoke. On medication I can sort through the ideas and grab hold of them until they turn into realities. I don’t have to feel constantly disappointed that my “dreams” or ideas never take shape. And the best part is that the ideas are still there, they just are easier to hear on meds. But, I say, do what makes you feel like your best self. If that is to have a 3 track brain, then I hope you find it once more.