Reply To: 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Teens & Young Adults 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds. Reply To: 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds.

MyGirlG
Participant

UPDATE:

First thank you all again for responding so quickly to my post. I cannot tell you how much each of you helped guide me in helping my daughter. Last week she saw a Psychiatrist that we both like. She prescribed 10mg of Ritalin to take 3 times a day or as needed. She began the next morning. Her focus was good but she had an anxiety attack around 2pm. Not good. She was also super shaky and could not eat lunch. When I picked her up from school she crashed in the car. But on the flip side, she was very excited about how well she was able to focus in class. So I decided to cut the pill in half and try that. AH…that seems to be working been so far! YAY! With half a pill (5 mg), she has had no side effects and she has been able to focus in class and participate. So it looks like we are on the right track. She has her next appointment in less than two weeks. Fingers and toes crossed this all she needs and we found the right meds for her right away. My hope is that she experiences some academic success before her 9th grade year ends and summer begins.

Thank you again!