Reply To: Advise for an adult

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Advise for an adult Reply To: Advise for an adult



A neuropsychological test is nothing too scary. You’ll meet with a psychologist who is also familiar with neurology. Most of the “testing” is filling out questionnaires and talking about things with the psychologist. If you’ve ever met with a therapist, it’s kinda similar except she isn’t discussing them with you to help you overcome them, she’s discussing them with you to better understand what’s creating your struggle and how to best treat it. A neuropsychological is almost the same thing as a psychological assessment–it’s just the information they can tell you is more indepth. Nothing too scary, most of what you’ll be doing is just discussing your experience with the doctor. She’s just more highly trained at being able to understand what you are telling her and how it’s impacting you as well as how it needs to be treated.

I hope that’s helpful!

Life Hacks for ADHD women