Reply To: Anyone else a terrible internet person?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Anyone else a terrible internet person? Reply To: Anyone else a terrible internet person?

amznwmn
Participant

I’m not sure if I’m actually a horrible internet person or what, but it doesn’t sound like you’re really asking that question. It sounds more like you’re asking if other people have interpersonal relationship issues attributed to their ADD/ADHD. While I certainly can’t speak for anyone else here, I will tell you that my friendships don’t last.
I’ve always thought it was because I was a horrible person, or because I must have said something that was offensive or done something stupid, but other people say and do stupid and offensive stuff too and they all still have friends, right?
I won’t discount that theory as to why my friendships don’t last, but after much thought, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s simply because friendships take time and effort from both parties and I’ve never really been one to put in all that much effort, probably because of the socially awkward thing almost inherent in those of us with ADD/ADHD.
At the same time, I hope your therapist has mentioned to you that Oppositional Defiant Disorder has the highest rate of co-morbidity with ADD/ADHD than any other mental disorder.