Reply To: Do ADHDers lose interest in people easily? Am I just not good enough?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Do ADHDers lose interest in people easily? Am I just not good enough? Reply To: Do ADHDers lose interest in people easily? Am I just not good enough?

MommyManiac1963
Participant

I know how painful it can be when a relationship ends. You feel as if the rug has been pulled out from under you and you can’t imagine your life without them. I’m here to tell you that your pain will pass. Fill that feeling of emptiness inside you with positive things. The more you do of your daily routine the better. Keep busy and talk to people. Don’t shut yourself off from the world. The best advice I can give you is to remember that not every relationship is “The One”. At your age, you will have many girlfriends in your life until you find that special one. We all go through relationships to learn about what we want and don’t want. It’s a learning experience and you take what you have learned about yourself and apply that knowledge to your next relationship. It’s a journey, enjoy it and remember that it’s OK for a relationship to end. My husband is ADD and we have been together for about 25 years. People with ADD/ADHD have relationships like anyone else.