Reply To: Do ADHDers lose interest in people easily? Am I just not good enough?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Do ADHDers lose interest in people easily? Am I just not good enough? Reply To: Do ADHDers lose interest in people easily? Am I just not good enough?

nvalefreedom
Participant

Hello,

It’s great that you respect her decision! You sound like a genuinely great, supportive guy. As you know, mind-reading someone who often changes their mind is literally impossible – just take her words at face value.

If I may say, her prediction that you’ll eventually hate her if she leaves suggests she is familiar with this pattern. She has probably got sick of other people before. As such, I am inclined to believe it’s her, not you.

Whatever the case, a desperate guy won’t exactly stoke her desire. I’m sure you know that there’s a difference between committed and desperate. You mention friends and family – work on your other relationships and interests! 🙂

Do this whether or not you eventually get back with her. You’ll be a much more well-rounded person, both for yourself and her / other future relationships. Best of luck! 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by nvalefreedom.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by nvalefreedom.