Reply To: Do ADHDers lose interest in people easily? Am I just not good enough?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Do ADHDers lose interest in people easily? Am I just not good enough? Reply To: Do ADHDers lose interest in people easily? Am I just not good enough?

SadlyHuman
Participant

@nvalefreedom
Thanks for the reply
Actually I am not trying to win her over at all right now, I just tried calling her once since then and she just said saorry and hung up. I am preventing myself from trying to contact her cuz I really care about her feelings more than my owm. I don’t wanna annoy her or make her feel guilty especially that now she’s in her last year of high school, here in egypt this year single handedly determines the college you attend. She is obsessed with neurology and wanna be a doctor (to the extent that she used to sneek into med school’s lectures) . Attending medical school requires a literally ~ 99% grade. I would never want to make her feel bad or sth that’d hinder her studies cuz as much as I want her, I care more about her being happy.
I remember her once randomly telling me that I’ll eventually hate her and think she’s a bad person if she leaves. Told her then and still holds true : I’d never hate her whatever happens.
Is what I am doing wrong? Do you mean she initially expected me to try and get her back? I am really not a mindreader and I just respected her decision when she wanted to part ways as much as it hurts me.
She’s got some growing up to do, yeah all my friends and family told me so. She really acts so much like a kid to the extent that sometimes I felt I am babysitting and my friends called me a pedophile! But still when u love sb that much you really keep denying anything wrong about them.
Maybe I’ll try to reach out again in a couple months when her stressful year is over, although I am expecting to be hung up on at best if not humiliated.