Reply To: 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Teens & Young Adults 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds. Reply To: 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds.

MyGirlG
Participant

First, Happy Spring Equinox!

Thank you again for the latest post. Last night I decided to tell my daughter about this board and she asked if she can read the responses. She felt so relieved and then looked at me and said, “Thank you Mother.” And then gave me a big hug. We talked about some of your stories and the similarities to what she is going through. She said that she cannot wait to start taking the meds. Then she sat down at the table and started doing her homework without any frustration or tears. She seemed to feel a sense of hope was coming so she got through her homework peacefully last night and only needed my help to study for Spanish.

Spaceboy99: You are so awesome! I loved reading your post. Thank you so much for sharing. Maybe my girl will make a family dinner in the near future. And congrats on your success. I will stay in touch with updates.

ADDmomma: Yes, I totally get it and I am taking the steps to begin the process to get my daughters on the right meds. Thank you for your post. I will definitely read the public perception page on this website. Thank you again.

jlb83: Thank you for sharing your story. I wish you and your daughter the best and please post an update when you have one. I will keep checking back for it. I will be posting updates too.

Have a lovely day (or night), where ever you are in the world.

Cheers!