Reply To: PLEASE Tell me your story, I was just diagnosed & feeling confused/alone at 28

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD PLEASE Tell me your story, I was just diagnosed & feeling confused/alone at 28 Reply To: PLEASE Tell me your story, I was just diagnosed & feeling confused/alone at 28

santaklaus
Participant

Hey sort of an older post but on the off chance you check it from time to time, I just got diagnosed a couple months ago thanks to nursing school lol. An edit to the first reply-er the two classes of adhd medications are stimulants (Adderall/Ritalin and Vyvanse as well I believe) and non-stimulants (Strattera is the main one I know about). The main difference from what I have been told is that the stimulants effect your central nervous system with dopamine levels and the nonstimulants don’t effect your central nervous system and just effect norepinephrine (think fight or flight). Personally I didn’t notice jack squat after 3 weeks on 80mg but that’s person to person. As new as I am to this group it seems like “a mess around until you get the results you want with as close to zero side affects as you can” haha. ( also I’m not a doctor if it’s not clear). I hope you’re managing better now seeikg as it’s been about 2 1/2 weeks since you responded to the others and mentioned about a med change. Best wishes