Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking. Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

calsurfn
Participant

I am no psychiatrist but I can see so much in common with what I have learned. I have only understood myself as ADHD for a little less than a year and since have been researching this condition relentlessly (hyper-focused). What I see is a condition that is hardly understood in adults; only in children and teens. We fell through the cracks. We grew up in a time when even the mention of this condition would be explained away as someone who is difficult, hyper-sensitive, or a daydreamer. These are convenient labels for a population that doesn’t understand what it is like to have a brain that functions so differently. Don’t be discouraged. We have a gift and should work to understand it and control it’s impulses. We’re in good company. Do the research. The most brilliant, artistic and influential people for generations are among us. Our challenge, as I see it, is to put this to good use and not succumb to the reality of living in a world not designed for us.