Reply To: 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Teens & Young Adults 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds. Reply To: 15 y/o daughter is begging to be put on ADD meds.

MyGirlG
Participant

Oh My Goodness! Thank you all so much! You just made me feel like I am not alone and you put my mind at ease. I am now playing phone tag with her doctor but I should connect with her tomorrow. I will move toward getting her on medication.

Fluttermind: As you mentioned about yourself, my daughter feels overwhelmed and she does not handle stress well. It makes her anxious and sad. Reading your post made me feel like I was reading about my daughter. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Matt: Thank you for your story and honesty! I am so glad to hear that you are now spending time with your family on days that you have off. That is beautiful! My daughter had some of those awful teachers last year in 8th grade and it was devastating. Needless to say, I had a long talk with the head of that school and said my peace…and then some.

Phan: Thank you too! I will call her Neuro-Psycologist after I speak with her pediatrician. He was really lovely and I really liked him. He told me to stay in touch but I didn’t. Now I will. As for the time I “went off” at the school, they did not inform me that they were sending her out of the room to work alone. They were just giving her work sheets and sending her off. I found out when she asked me for help in math and then told me that she does not go to class with the other students. I was really upset. She had two teachers last year who did not get her and made her feel like she was not smart and less than human.

Ryan: That is amazing and my wish for my daughter. I love how you phrased your thoughts flowing out of your head, “Lyrically”. She is always telling us that she has so many thoughts in her head but cannot get them out. This gives me so much hope.

I will be sure to post again with an update. Thank you all so much!!