Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking. Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

mefenn
Participant

I see that TrapperMA took the liberty of editing my story before posting it.

I conclude that I did not explain myself clearly enough. I will try to explain it again.

I once held a job where my department was merged with a larger department. My department moved to the floor where the larger department was already located. My environment changed, but my work stayed the same.

Once seated seated in my new place, I found that I was exposed to a significant increase in noise. My new environment was much more open, with 4 or 5 times the number of employees within it.

I couldnt attend to my work with the increased noise and activity. I needed an enclosure. I wasnt allowed a “work station”, but my unit executive told me to request that a wall be placed behind my seat, which happened to be where file cabinets of the now extinct “larger department” were placed.

The lightweight wall absorbed some of the noise, and marked the area where my particular sub-section could be found.