Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking. Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

Ranma
Participant

Yikes, I wasn’t expecting this many to have similar difficulties, earplugs at work are not an option unfortunately, but when working on side projects or around the house I use them, mostly for their intended purpose of hearing protection (tools and equipment can be extremely loud) but even when I’m not working with something noisy I still wear them, because sometimes just the wind blowing in my ears drives me up the wall,the silence is blissful and helps promote hyperfocus mode.
I can relate to the sitting in the corner, it’s easier to cope with just ninety degrees from your perspective, one hundred eighty and above gets intolerable as in my OP , three hundred sixty degrees of what my brain perceived as random words coming in, my brain is trying to make sense of the random words and then throw in the rapid directional changes and voice pitch, it’s like a blender on puree.