Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking. Reply To: Was on the verge of panic today, from people talking.

mefenn
Participant

Yes, surrounded and overwhelmed.
At my last full time position, a thin, piece-together wall was placed behind my desk. It ran from wall to wall and divided the floor into two rooms.(5 to 6 ft high). This was eleven years before my diagnosis.
My department had recently been merged with a larger one (downsizing), but my work was so far the same. By the time I demanded that wallet frustration was such that I could barely speak to anyone.
Now I will have to try the foam plugs (why didn’t I think of it before?) to read and watch webinars at home.
My brother is married to a singer. I think sometimes he has your problem. (Introverted with a a possible auditory processing condition). When she finishes a performance, he says goodbye to any one he hasn’t greeted before the performance, perhaps thanks them for coming. I hope that helps. I myself can’t do crowds and deafening noise!